Saturday, February 28, 2009

Cheesy Chicken and Rice

Contributed by Kate Ingram:

1 can cream of chicken soup (I use campbell's Healthy request)
1 1/3 c water
3/4 c uncooked rice (not instant)
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
4 skinless boneless chicken breast (I usually cut it into pieces)
1 c shredded cheese

Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 45 min. or until chicken is no longer pink and rice is done. Top with cheese.

Extra: Make this with 2 cups of fresh, canned, or frozen veggies into soup before topping with chicken. We like broccoli and cauliflower with it.

1 comment:

  1. I just made this last night and my family loved it (I loved it, too). Very yummy, and I had all the ingredients on-hand. I defrosted 3 Costco-size chicken breasts 3/4 way, sliced them easily, then finished defrosting. Add 10 minutes to the cooking time for the rice.

    ReplyDelete